I was tagged in this award by fellow blogger Carton-Manette-Darnay a little while ago, but I’ve only just got around to doing this, sorry!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog
What is your favourite sort of post to write?
I really enjoy writing lists so my favourite posts to write are memes like ‘Stacking the Shelves’ and ‘Top Ten Tuesday’. I also enjoy writing my ‘Monthly Favourites’ and ‘Plan with me’ as well as reviewing books that I’ve given high ratings as I really love getting the chance to write a positive review.
How old is your blog?
My blog is 5 years old! Although it’s been through some changes since then! I originally opened the blog as ‘the reading rose’ on blogger, but that all changed when I went to WordPress and I’ve had another name change since then too! Hopefully I’ll stay with this branding now though as I am really happy with it. I’ve been working under the current title ‘RacheLeanne’ since May 2018.
How old are you?
I’m 22 years old! Nearly 23!
What’s a genre you don’t read enough of?
Paranormal! I used to read loads of YA paranormal but I haven’t really read many recently. I must try and get back into them again.
Who were your first 5 followers?
The Historical Diaries (although I don’t think the blog exists anymore as the link goes to a random page).
The Darkest Fairytale
My good friend; Powisamy who also took part in this tag here.
and one of my best friends; Carlarose
What was the best book you read last month?
Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli!
On average, how many book do you read a month?
What’s the last thing you watched on Netflix?
The film #realityhigh. I wouldn’t recommend it.
Are you a mood reader, or do you have a strict TBR?
I am definitely a mood reader, however much I try to be a TBR lister. The only books I read on a list are my Netgallery books and even then I read them in order of which one I want to read next.
Do you prefer summer, or winter?
Summer 100% I love the warm weather, and sitting out in the garden with a good book. I hate the winter as I’m always cold anyway, so in winter I’m literally a block of ice for three months.
If you money was no object, and you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I’d actually live exactly where I am right now. I love living close to my family and getting to see them all every week, especially as they are all ageing now and I want to make the most of every moment with them all. The cinema is fantastic also, only £3.50! I wouldn’t rate the job prospects though, they’re a bit rubbish, and the people who live in the town aren’t always the nicest or most considerate… But I put up with all of that if it means being close to my family.
- What do you do for a living?
- Which book can really cheer you up if you are down?
- Top 3 books from your childhood?
- Has your blog ever had a different name?
- Are you on twitter? if so, what’s your handle?
- What are you currently reading?
- Do you watch YouTube? who’s your favourite youtuber?
- How many followers does your blog have?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this month?
- Which celebrity would you love to have dinner with?
- What’s the saddest book you’ve ever read?